I've been taking clonazepam 1 mg for sleep problems for several years. I wake up at 2 or 3 am and can't get back to sleep. I've become tolerant to the stuff, and rather than increase the dosage, I want to quit. How do I taper dosages with my 1 mg. tablets? The best I can do is bite them in half. How long do I go on 1/2 tablets before going to zero?

About a month ago I started taking 20 mg of citalopram daily, because of my new doctor's theory that my insomnia is anxiety related, and the citalopram would be more effective. The doctor doesn't like the clonazepam ( I don't either) because of addiction issues, but really doesn't seem to care what I do about it in the immediate future as long as I try to deal with my anxiety through counseling. She isn't all that committed to the citalopram either