Skip to Content

What kind of Dr will diagnose someone with schizophrenia or dementia?

Responses (2)

balbanese 29 Jun 2012

Usually a psychiatrist.

DzooBaby 30 Jun 2012

You can start with a primary care physician but if the primary isnt sure what is going on then it is time to consult a psychiatrist or possible even a neurologist. Schizophrenia falls under a psychiatrists scope but dementia can fall under a neurologists scope. A good primary care doc should be able to point you towards one direction or another depending on symptomology. free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions