What kind of doctor prescribes NUVIGIL? Thanks?

chuck1957 21 Nov 2014

Hi rawyn1 Really in the USA Any doctor in good standing can prescribe this medication..Its in a large group of meds right down to sorry i well say shrink to start that treats adhd,Narcolepsy sleep disorder just look in google in your home town or the phone book and see who specializes in these problems with children i see mostly physiatrist writing prescriptions for any kind of ADHD problems and its not just kids... You really should have no problem if you have any of these conditions..good luck hope this helps some..Chuck1957 Get started some have a waiting list...

LaurieShay 21 Nov 2014

Depending on the reason for the need of this medication, a pulmunologist would prescribe for sleep apnea or other sleep disorder such as narcolepsy. Technically any doctor could prescribe so for shift work your general practice doctor could write. I take this med for idiopathic hypersomnia and my psychiatrist writes the script as it also helps with my depression. Bottom line: depends on the reason for the med.