Is Keppra xr to be taken all in one dose I take 4 750 mg or twice a day like my regular keppra?

kaismama 27 Oct 2013

Usually the xr it's a daily dose. What does the label say?

retired2014 23 Mar 2014

I went off Dilantin and had problems with seizures. I was put on Keppra XR starting at 1500 on way to 3000. I always took at night in one dose. Minor seizures persisted. I was in raised to 4750 and had bad side affects. Eventually I learned that no more than 1500 mg should be taken at once. I split throughout the day and that helped. I now, after 3 years of semi-annual adjustments, take 2000 mg total with 150 Vimpat. Half AM/ PM. This is tolerable with minimal side affects.

londonpumpkin 4 May 2017

My doctor has me take Keppra XR twice a day. When I asked if I could take it once a day he said I could however the side effects will increase and be worse. Just tell your doctor everything and ask what is right for you, once a day or twice a day.