Just prescribed clindamycin for tooth abcess, scared to take it, what about scary side effects?

carolyn17603 17 Jun 2011

I would definitly call and ask for something else. That stuff is very strong. To give you an idea of how strong it is I was in the hospital with mrsa and they gave me that after nothing else worked. It is so strong it can actually cause infection. When I was on it I had to give a small sample of a bowel movement so they could check to make sure it wasnt causing a infection

mkbohrer 1 Aug 2011

I have been on 150 mg since late Thursday for abcessed tooth. They had to extract it on Friday afternoon anyway. I kept taking the medicine, but by Sat night I had a sore throat and by Sunday it is hard to swallow. I called my MD they have little information and told me to continue ... I hate to bother my dentist again after the emergency extraction... but I feel it is crazy to continue this medicine with such sever pain and I am driving 12 hours tomorrow see my first grandchild born in two days! I am SCARED OF THE MEDICINE TOO!