Just cold turkey lexapro about 3/4 days . So far no problem, if anything feel better. Weight gain w?

billnterrac 17 Mar 2011

If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering if you gain weight when you stop Lexapro? I haven't stopped taking Lexapro yet, but I would say if anything I have more of a problem with weight while on it. If you are asking if people had weight loss or gain after stopping it, then I would be interested in the answers you get. I just couldn't tell what your question was for sure.

carolynfaye31 18 Mar 2011

No I meant I 'm gaining weight while on it. stopped taking for 3 days, withdrawals started, so back on it and will wait to see doc at end of mth to try something else or nothing at all. already on klonopin. got to really get of lexapro!!1

billnterrac 18 Mar 2011

I understand now. I had a friend who was on Lexapro, but due to insurance changes, had to switch medications. She had issues with weight gain, loss of libido, etc. with the other medication and got an override to go back to Lexapro. I believe it was Celexa that she tried. It is still an SSRI where Klonopin is a benzodiapine. They work on completely different areas of the brain, so being on one might work better for you than the other. I do remember when I started taking Lexapro I was told I needed to wean slowly off it to avoid withdrawal symptoms. I take 40 mg a day, and would probably take about a month to wean off it. Since it works for me, I am not going to do that, but depending on your dosage, you will probably be put on a schedule to taper off. Do you take Klonopin as a regular medication or as a break-through anxiety type of basis? That might make a difference also, like maybe tapering down on Lexapro and tapering up on the other one at the same time.

Anonymous 16 Nov 2012

I am quitting lexapro cold turkey I have been on it for about 4 months and gained 10lbs. I thought I was going crazy with unbelievable food cravings like sugar and carbs all the time!!! We shall see how it goes...