Jardiance - Can you take an over the counter cream for yeast infections? If so, what should I buy?

Do53 1 Sep 2017

Hi Tia!. In doing a little research I noticed one of the side effects of Jardiance is that it can cause yeast infections. This is also a pretty common side effect when you're diabetic and your blood sugars are not well under control. On the Jardiance website it does note that should this occur you should treated accordingly. That means you should be safe to buy an over-the-counter treatment. You requested what kind you should buy also. There are many brands on the market such as Vagisil, etc. Most of them contain miconazole, which is commonly used to treat yeast infections. Personally, I would recommend using a generic or storebrand as you'll find them to be much cheaper and typically they are just as effective. One thing you will want to be aware of is that many offer a one dose treatment, as well as three and seven day treatments. Personally, I have found the one dose treatments to be a little harsh on the system. I prefer the three day ones myself. Whichever you choose, they continue working for a full seven days and should clear up your infection pretty quickly. I hope this helps and you get some relief soon! Good luck and good health to you.