What is Jacobs infection?

Anonymous 6 Nov 2012

Hello blajc2000. I researched and found this. A genetisit named Jacob Francois (born 1920) won the Nobel prizein 1965 for the study of activity in body cells. My guess might be that in relation to the body's chemistry, an infection involving genetics? Pure speculation on my behalf. Regards pledge

kaismama 6 Nov 2012

Do you mean Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease?

DzooBaby 6 Nov 2012

I Have not found anything on a "Jacobs Infection" there is a jacobs syndrome which is a very rare condition of a male with an extra Y chromosome. Males are usually XY chromosome and females are XX. Jacobs syndrome have XYY, so an extra Y chromosome. Is this what you refer to? The only other similar condition is the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) which is a rare, degenerative, invariably fatal brain disorder. It affects about one person in every one million people per year worldwide; in the United States there are about 200 cases per year. CJD usually appears in later life and runs a rapid course. Typically, onset of symptoms occurs about age 60, and about 90 percent of patients die within 1 year. In the early stages of disease, patients may have failing memory, behavioral changes, lack of coordination and visual disturbances. As the illness progresses, mental deterioration becomes pronounced and involuntary movements, blindness, weakness of extremities, and coma may occur.