I've had migraines for years & I'm on maintenance meds for them. Any alternatives? Suggestions?

Anonymous 22 Oct 2010

I suffer from severe migraines and my Dr. put me on Topamax which is used for migraine prevention and also in the treatment of epilepsy.-

It has been a very good medication for me, my migraines ar under control ever since I started using topamax.-

I suggest you contact your Dr. and ask him / her about this medication and discuss the benfits of it and also the possible risks and side effects involved.-

I hope I have been of help.-

Take care.-

Pat621 4 Nov 2010

I am not sure what maintenance medication you are on. I have had severe Migraines for many years and I have been put on a Beta Blocker (Nadolol).
My headaches are not as severe as they used to be. My Doctor told me the older Beta Blockers work better than the newer ones. Eg: Nadolol, Propanalol and Atenolol. If you are not on one of these, talk to your Doctor.
It's worth a try. Good Luck