Is xanax for pain or can it be used to treat trauma caused by pain and death?

grey_cypress 9 Jun 2010

Its not used for pain, but its definitely good for trauma. Its used for anxiety disorders, so it would help with any trauma youre experiencing

barbles2413 9 Jun 2010

xanax is a fast acting short life anti-anxiety and yes it could be used for grief but not for pain

marjorie zych 9 Jun 2010

Xanax is not a pain medicine per say but it can be of some help for psychological pain/anxiety. This drug is very short lived but can help along with some therapy with a qualified grief counselor if the pain is what you say from death, I am guessing that is what you meant by pain and death. Please feel free to talk away on here but you will probably need some professional support as well if your dealing with grief. I have lost alot of family members in the last 2 years so I know where you are coming from some. Death does cause alot of trauma issues and you will need a variety of support around you. Both professional and I have found that support groups can come in handy too, that way you are reassured that you are not alone in this. Hang in there my friend and I will be thinking of you, marjorie zych