Is xanax consider a recrational drug, when you get drug tested?

teal 4 Feb 2010

not if you have a prescription for it from a doctor,i mean if this is a probation thing,then they might look into it and you will have to prove that your doctor prescribes them for you. if it's for a job or something,i doubt they are going to look into it,they may ask about it,it's happened to me,and i told them my doctor prescribes them to me for panic attacks and that its under control,and yes i still got the job,but like i said if it's due to something you have to do because of some sort of probation,you'll need to prove that it's legit,and if it's not,then yes,your abusing a drug,i also know this due to my son,however,every probation officer is different. dont know if this helped or not,hope it did some:)