Is weight gain a definite being on celexa ?if so is exercise definite cure or is it just the drug?

elaine61 7 Feb 2012

I gained 10lbs during the two years I was on celexa. I had to buy new pants! But the weight came off as soon as I came off the celexa. You could try exercise, although my life was very busy when I was on celexa and I had a decreased appetite, so I feel you will gain some weight what ever you do. Having said all that, I have to say it was worth gaining the weight as the two years I was on celexa really helped me through a dreadful time in my life:-) Hope that helps.

Anonymous 7 Feb 2012

Hello cmal005. In clinical studies, weight gain was reported as a common normal side effect in 2% of the people taking the Celexa. Good health and wishes to you,pledge

Anonymous 7 Feb 2012

Good morning my friend Pledge, hows the coffee this morning? And a good day to all others too...

Anonymous 7 Feb 2012

Good morning Mary. Just made a fresh pot, I know you brought donuts, so enjoy and have a good one,pledge

Anonymous 7 Feb 2012

Well, better late than never I always say, but darn, I just had a double chocolate fudge pop tart(oops, not on my menu) to hold me over, but can pick up some Mr. Donuts on my way! Keep the pot hot! Mary