Is Voltaren gel recommended for rheumatoid arthritis, if so what is the dosage?

suzanne66 6 May 2011

Topical Voltaren is not typically prescribed for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis because it is not strong enough. However there would be no harm in trying it to see if it works for you.
For detailed dosage information see the link below.
https://www.drugs.com/dosage/diclofenac-topical.html

jrf5460 7 May 2011

It comes with a plastic dosage card that has a line on it divided in two. One half the line is equal to 2 mg and that is for anything above the hips. A whole line is 4 mg that is for the hips and below.

Does this help?

The Mad Man 1 Jun 2011

I am using the Volatren Gel for bursitis of the hip and I use the 4mg. I apply it 2x a night and it seems to numb the pain enough for me to get sleep. I recommend this stuff as a try to anyone who has pain according to their doctors diagnosis. It seems to work for me.

rhonpars 10 May 2013

I am a believer. I have osteoarthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia, and, according to some drs, rheumatoid arthritis. My knees and hips hurt so much that it is very hard to sleep. I started using the gel and if I can apply it about 30 minutes before I need to get out of bed, I am able to move. It does not take all of the pain away, but it is a definite HELP. I wish I had this gel years ago!