Is viokase still manufactured? If so where can it be obtained?

Rajive Goel 16 Jun 2010

It has not reported to have been stopped from manufacturing, however you could call at this number for more information: For product information please call 1-800-742-6706.

REV. June 2008. Manufactured in Canada for: AXCAN PHARMA US, INC., 22 Inverness Center Parkway Birmingham, AL 35242 USA. www.axcan.com.

https://www.drugs.com/cons/viokase.html

Hope the above helps?

Realm 16 Jun 2010

Thank you for your help. I called the number and found that one particular form of viocase is pending FDA approval. They also provided the names of three generics. They were also very helpful. I really appreciate your assistance. Thank you once again.

Rajive Goel 17 Jun 2010

Most welcome, 'am indeed glad that my answer could be of help to you, take care & best of luck!

fiddler57 17 Oct 2011

my mother used to take viokase with every meal but suddenly it was unavailable. why did this happen and where can she get a renewed supply? she called the 800-742-6706 number but no one there would help her and didn't know when it would be available or why it was pulled in the first place.
thank you.
michael gitt