Is Trazodone in the methodone family?

tisha57 9 Nov 2009

im sorry i have no idea,iwish i did :( tisha

jdogg33 9 Nov 2009

noteven close,trazadone is an antidepressant methadone is a powerful pain medicine.i know cause ive been on both.trazadone is ok but dont mess with methadone it is highly addictive i was addicted for 2 yrs its in the same family as morphine.i hope this answered your question..stay away from the methadone .James Tilley

monfiery 24 Jul 2011

I am reading and seeing it is some synthetic opiate? but my doctor says it is not narcotic, and they can't prescribe kolonopin or valuim because they are considered narcotic. It could be according to their clinic rules because they do have cases where people are trying to kick addictions and they have inpatient in a couple cities, residential and crisis/detox clinic.I think they may usually give for that, but being since Ive had insomnia since childhool, and the other anxiety stuff I have had in past like buspar, valium and kolonapin, they did not work, and they have to give me that because of the insomnia since childhood and hard to find anything else, although neither of the diagnosis are drug related, all are non drug related, I have never had any type of addiction, even when I stopped prozac cold turkey, and was prescribed hydrocodone with 4 prescriptions in a row, I never had side effects from withdrawing, just my chemistry I guess.