Is thyroid measured in grains or grams?

Whole thyroid extracts are of porcine origin and measured in grains, 60mg = 1 grain.

Has anyone had to cut the dose of Armour Thyroid since the new formula?

My thyroid was removed six years ago because of cancer. In April 2011, I became hyper--couldn't sleep at night and blood pressure went up-- and ...

Armour Thyroid - Re: armour dosage messing up my sleep?

Hi... I've been on 3 grains (180 mg) of armour thyroid for about 2 yrs now (taking it all in the morning). Thought I was doing great. Hair was ...

Starting Amour soon,was 150synthroid.15mcg)my doc is starting 2 grains (120) is this to much?

I am starting Armour 120 (2 grains) soon. I was on Synthroid 150 or .15 and another little ill that was hardly nothing. My concerns is the dose Im ...

Is it normal to still have thyroid gland and have hypothyroidism ?

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 26 yrs ago. I still have my thyroid gland. Is this normal? I have my TSH and T3 and T4 measured each 6 ...