Is there anyone other than myself been diagnosed with IC and pudendal neuralgia?

Anonymous 26 Aug 2011

Hi sheila7281,
NO Idea what IC nor pudendal neuralgia IS!! Could you please expound on this type of pain for the ignorant, like myself??
Thank you!!

sheila7281 26 Aug 2011

Interstitial cystitis is very painful. It is related to the bladder. It causes sever pain inernally and can be aggravated with certains foods. Fibro can make this worse. I suggest you google to get a better understanding. Complicated to explain. Pudendal neuralgia causes pain in the pudendal area. Prolong sitting,ruding bikes,walking too much and so much more causes the nerve in the pudendel to flare and the pain is difficult to control. One of the reasons I went on Cymbalta was to help the nerve pain. I spend a lot of time sitting on this u shaped cushion to take pressure off the pudendal nerve. again googlr for a better explanation. All of these issues go along with the Fibro,migraines,IBS and Osteoarthritis. Your not ignorant!! I see an urogynecologist for the IC diagbosis. Then I saw one of a handful of pelvic pain specialist who dx the pudendal neuralgia. when I got that DX i went home and cried. I just couldn't believe I had another problem.

Does that help some?

Sheila7281

Rajive Goel 26 Aug 2011

Hi Lara,

Pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE), also known as Alcock canal syndrome, is an uncommon source of chronic pain, in which the pudendal nerve (located in the pelvis) is entrapped or compressed. Pain is positional and is worsened by sitting. Other symptoms include genital numbness, fecal incontinence and urinary incontinence.

Hope to have been of help?

Rajive

Anonymous 26 Aug 2011

Thank you sheila and Rajive. sheila, I am so very sorry about this situation.
I will google it to gain a better understanding.

sheila7281 26 Aug 2011

I do not have the incontience issues. But constipation can put a lot of pressure on the prudendal nerve. I had to give up riding the bike and part of my exercise an alot of the exercies I loved to do. I was also told the years of aerobics most likely contributed to this problem. That is what I get for trying to stay healthy. Noe I just walk. If I over doo the walking I will flare my fibro and pudendal nerve. UGhhhhh

Sheila7281

Rajive Goel 26 Aug 2011

Most welcome, Lara, have a nice weekend - Rajive