My mother is in the late stages of Pick's disease and is showing symptoms of severe rigidity in the muscles to the point of having to dress her only in special clothing that can be fastened at the back because moving her too much could pull or strain something.

Doctors have prescribed Valium twice which did not work to relax the muscles and only caused her state of alertness and overall health to rapidly decline. Thus I am looking for something non-drowsy if there is anything out there so she can at least have some quality of life in so far as being alert and not dizzy, drowsy or nauseous.

I worry that muscle rigity to this extent is causing an awful lot of pain, anxiety and stress as well as causing other problems with the upkeep of her overall health.

Please help if you know any medications that may be suitable for this condition I am very worried.