Skip to Content

Is there any safe treatment available for premature ejaculation in men?

Responses (2)

Rajive Goel 2 Jan 2012

In many cases premature ejaculation resolves on its own over time without the need for medical treatment. Practicing relaxation techniques or using distraction methods may help you delay ejaculation. For some men, stopping or cutting down on the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs may improve their ability to control ejaculation.

Ther doctor may recommend that you and your partner practice specific techniques to help delay ejaculation. These techniques may involve identifying and controlling the sensations that lead up to ejaculation and communicating to slow or stop stimulation. Other options include using a condom to reduce sensation to the penis or trying a different position (such as lying on your back) during intercourse. Counseling or behavioral therapy may help reduce anxiety related to premature ejaculation.

Certain antidepressant medicines called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), and sertraline (Zoloft), are sometimes used to treat premature ejaculation. These medicines are used because a side effect of SSRIs is inhibited orgasm, which helps delay ejaculation. The use of SSRIs for the treatment of premature ejaculation is not related to depression and is considered an "off-label" use.

Please, for further information do talk to a specialist who could be of more help & information.

Take care, best wishes!

LiverLips 4 Jan 2012

Such an excellent answer, Rajive! It appears as if you've answered every possible angle of this question. Well done!

from Wendy :)

Rajive Goel 4 Jan 2012

Thanks very much Wendy, are you well? Best wishes!

Kikugee 1 Nov 2014

Hi manoj2012.

Did you get any helpful medication or treatment yet? Would you please like to share any details for others benefit? free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions