Is there another drug that can be substituted for Diovan HCT?

Marvell 21 Jan 2010

I don't know what your reason is for asking for a substitution ... whether it is cost or if you experienced adverse effects.

You could try Atacand HCT ... I don't know however if this is cheaper than Diovan HCT.

If you can give more information I may be able to help. Please add information as a comment.

rosie b 15 Oct 2011

I don't know if you are talking about for cost but same type of medication - I had to switch to the generic due to the costs set by my prescription plan - I take Benicar HCT -- supposedly just a generic - only difference was that I had been switched to a lower does of Diovan the year before and Benicar's dosages are slightly different, so my dr. had to decide which dose would be appropriate for the Benicar. Effect is the same - no other difference except price.