Is there a pill form of Buprenex?

Robert_325 8 Aug 2009

Not that I'm aware of. It's usually dispensed through IVs.

Marvell 8 Aug 2009

The brand Buprenex is only available as an injection but its generic buprenorphine is available as a sublingual tablet, called Subutex.

Lifewrsd 3 Jul 2010

Yes, Subutex and Suboxone are two other forms of it.

Morwyn 23 Mar 2012

Subutex (buprenorphine) and Suboxone (buprenorphine + naloxone) are pills for sublingual administration (i.e., you don't swallow them, but let them dissolve under your tongue - bupe doesn't work orally because it gets broken down into much weaker metabolites in the GI tract), but both are intended for maintenance treatment of opioid addicts and have super-high doses of buprenorphine. I take Buprenex and would like to be able to switch to a sublingual pill (especially since Buprenex is one of the many injectable drugs currently suffering shortages in the US), but even if I cut the lowest-dose Subutex pill (2 mg) in half, it would likely make me sick.