Is there a generic for seroquel for purchace?

Anonymous 4 Sep 2010

Seroquel is manufactured by AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals and is currently protected by a patent that prevents any generic Seroquel from being manufactured. Yet, if you search the Internet for "generic Seroquel," you may find a number of companies selling it. The fact is that these medicines could be fake, substandard, and potentially dangerous. You should not buy any generic Seroquel until there is an approved version available.

The patent for Seroquel currently expires in March 2012. This patent was originally set to expire earlier, but the manufacturer was granted an extension in return for performing much-needed pediatric studies.

March 2012 is the earliest predictable date that a generic version of Seroquel could become available. However, other circumstances could come up to extend or shorten the exclusivity period. These circumstances could include things such as lawsuits or other patents for specific uses for the drug. Once the patent expires, several companies will likely begin manufacturing generic Seroquel.

Take care.-

toffeeman92 4 Sep 2010

What is the difference between generic and the current version?

Anonymous 4 Sep 2010

There is no generic, quetiapine one would think it could be generic, but as the answers says very clearly there are no generics , and online companies claiming to have even generic viagra are fake, dangerous and unreliable.-

With any medication generics are less expensive due to that they are made at a low cost, not tested properly and the excipients which make up the chemical structure of the drug are not as pure as brand names.- e.g. prozac(lilly pharma) and fluoxetine.-

Do you take seroquel?

I do and also take abilify, ativan, depakene, klonopin, and topamax.-

What is your condition, and what else do you take?, I have been on meds half of my life I am 42. I am manic depressive, ocd , ptsd, insomnia, very strong anxiety and panic attacks, etc...

How old are you?

Anonymous 4 Sep 2010

Do you take seroquel?

How old are you?