Is there a drug food combination that can cause renal failure?

Rajive Goel 20 Sep 2010

If you could name the drug, it would be a lot easy to provide answers. Thanks

bacterial 20 Sep 2010

S Fletcher - what drug are you thinking of and which food? Certain drugs on their own can cause renal failure, several antibiotics and some pain killers can cause renal failure/renal inflammation, if in doubt read the information slip contained in the meds and see if any foods are contra-indicated whilst taking the drugs concerned. Have you developed renal failure and if so what do the doctors say? Best wishes for your speedy recovery. bacterial

S. Fletcher 21 Sep 2010

Thanks bacterial, it is my mother that developed renal failure and she takes a lot of drugs, for diabetes, high blood pressure, blood thinners... I haven't gotten a chance to speak to her doctors yet, soon I hope. She has pain killers on a as needed bases, but she never takes them, she lost her leg from just below the knee a few years back and was taking a ton of antibiotics then but none in the last year or so. Anyway I appreciate the input and I will keep researching and when given the chance speak to her doctor or doctors.