Is soma an addictive tier drug?

Anonymous 22 May 2011

Yes, soma can be addicting.-

Take care.-

LaurieShay 22 May 2011

Hey thebritt,

Soma may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Soma should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. You may have withdrawal symptoms when you stop using Soma after using it over a long period of time. Withdrawal symptoms include stomach pain, sleep problems, headache, nausea, and seizure (convulsions). Do not stop using Soma suddenly without first talking to your doctor. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.

Hope this helps,

Laurie

Anonymous 22 May 2011

Laurie wonderful answer! Von

Anonymous 22 May 2011

Laurie I am on this site to help, like you and I respect that, when I edit , copy and paste, I make sure people know where I got my answer from, I could have given the exact same answer as you, as a matter of fact here it is:

SOURCE:

Click on the link and you will read the exact words I have copied, edited and pasted.

https://www.drugs.com/soma.html

This medication may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Soma should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. You may have withdrawal symptoms when you stop using Soma after using it over a long period of time. Do not stop using Soma suddenly without first talking to your doctor. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.

BRRMARS 22 May 2011

Oh boy can it be, it ruined my life for awhile, I used to drive around town in the middle of the night naked and not remember in the morning, I got a DUI on soma, and i don't drink alcohol ever. I was taking upwards of 25 pills a day. be very very careful with this medication, it's very sedating, and that's the appeal, it's like being high. So please be careful and good luck

Anonymous 23 May 2011

Thats the way it did my sister. von

Anonymous 23 May 2011

I heard they are taking Soma off the market. I believe this info came from DzooBaby...

BRRMARS 23 May 2011

I already know several doctor who won't prescribe it, they will do zanaflex, valium, flexeril (spelling?), before they will give you soma, espcially in the ER when i used to go hunting for it.

madhattersbash 24 May 2011

Well, once again I am the odd (wo)man out here...
I have taken Soma since 2006 and it has NEVER caused a problem for me, and I have never had to increase my dose--it just keeps on working, night after night!
As stated above, it should not be used by anyone with an addictive personality; however, it CAN be safe (and very effective) for others.
I have extreme chronic neck and shoulder pain from cervical stenosis, and Soma is the ONLY med that has helped--plus it 'lets' me sleep, not makes me sleep... and I wake up without that hung over feeling in the morning--plus I am able to STAY asleep for 6-8 hours.
For someone with a 35 year history of insomnia this was just amazing!!!

brenda fain 25 May 2011

i was taking it for fibro pain and it did wonderful!but my pm won't give it out to us because it is so addictive !

God bless & best wishes