Is oxycodone given to patiants who have polycythemia vera?

mpvt 7 Aug 2009

Opiates can cause itching so I would think a doctor would be reluctant to order opiates. Also I haven't heard of pain killers even being used for this condition... Dave

elianamedaglia 7 Aug 2009

Someone I know has that condition, and her medicine cabinate is full of prescribed oxycodone, which I think Is very odd... thanks for your answer, that's what I thought.

Mokie999 22 Jun 2012

Hi I'm 35yr male from Australia 2yrs ago I was dianosged with polycythemia ruba vera and since then I started venisection 500mls 3times a week I'm now down to monthly but ever since dianogsis I've been on a daily coctail of cartia, progout 500mg and On Top of all that à Large range off oxycodone, temazepan, endone and every bloody other addictive pain relief tablet.. I've lost count the amount of nites I've cried my self to sleep due to the pain.. So in answer YES I believe they are..as they work for me,but only takin when extream pain is there... Cheers