Is Ondansetron hydrochloride used to help addicts addicted to hydrocodone or pain pills?

Anonymous 18 Jul 2010

graciesdad, the medication you are referring to is to prevent nausea and or vomiting. They may help her through withdrawals in that aspect. You might want to check out the suboxene/subutex sites on Drugs.com(the site you are on, just pull up suboxene and it will take you to the site you need. Remember, there are alternatives available as well.I am not a doctor and this is only my opinion based on experience. Good luck and hope you get the info you need. Julie

graciesdad 18 Jul 2010

Thanks to all for the help but I dont know if Gracies mom is lieing about it being from her rehab doctor or not. She was addicdted to pain pills and its more or less killed or marriage but at least I got Gracie away from it. Good luck everyone.

Anonymous 18 Jul 2010

Hi graciesdad, Please check out Suboxone, pronounced sub-ox-own. If someone is very addicted to opiates this is a good medication to prevent opiate withdrawal. Yet suboxone is addictive too, so one must taper off of it slowly.
Wishing you the best,
sweetlemon

Rajive Goel 18 Jul 2010

ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE

USES: This medication is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy or after surgery. It works by blocking the hormone (serotonin) that causes vomiting.

OTHER USES: This medication may also be used to treat alcoholism.

However please double check with the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med., hope this helps?