Is Neurontin prescribed for anxiety, manic depressive disorder and/or depression?

Psychmajor 22 Dec 2009

since it seems to be metabolized into gaba it could be. but for anxiety im not sure if this can pass the blood brain barrier (as far as i know gaba cant) but can help the body calm down. for depressive/depression it can make it worse or better, just depends on the person.

all hypothetical, best to ask a pharmacists

barbles2413 22 Dec 2009

Gabapentin for Depression, Mania and Anxiety
Information about gabapentin (Neurontin) and its use in psychiatry to treat patients with treatment-resistant mood and anxiety disorders.
http://www.psycom.net/depression.central.gabapentin.html
Gabapentin is neurontin check out this link I hope this is helpful. Good Luck God Bless and Happy Holiday

Meri 40 20 Apr 2018

Yes that is why my,prescription was was increased from three a day to 4 a day. I'm taking 800 know 4 times a day. It really does help a lot.