when my child wipes it off his face then sticks it in his mouth
No, mupirocin is not toxic.
Mupirocin is an antibiotic that treats or prevents infection caused by bacteria.
Mupirocin nasal (for the nose) is used to prevent severe staph infections in patients and healthcare workers who may be at risk of infection during an outbreak within a hospital or other healthcare setting.
- Mupirocin Information for Consumers
- Mupirocin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Mupirocin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 29 Aug 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 6 Sep 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 14 Dec 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 31 Jul 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 31 Dec 2013 • 1 answer