Is lamotrigina exactly the same as lamictal?

Anonymous 28 Oct 2011

Yes they are the same.

I take lamictal.

https://www.drugs.com/lamictal.html

Take care,

Anonymous 28 Oct 2011

Generic Name: lamotrigine
Brand Name: Lamictal

Stacey Harbach 29 Oct 2011

You took the words right out of my mouth. LOL I too take lamictal. 400mgs a day.

Anonymous 29 Oct 2011

Thanks guys for your feedback. Thing is, I read somewhere "... make sure to take the original tamictal... blah,blah... follow? I just started on 25 mgs./day only yesterday. Hopeful !

Anonymous 29 Oct 2011

You are very welcome.-

Stacey Harbach 1 Nov 2011

Just for your info, there's a package that starts you out and slowly gets you to where your dr wants you to be. it took 5 to 6 weeks to get to my dose. it's the max dose. 400 mgs a day. this might not help you because you know 2 people are not alike. do you take any other meds ? and who ever said to take the limictal instead of lamotrigine ? i have benn on lamotrigine for a few yrs. since it came out as a generic. Good Luck. & May God Bless You. Stacey