Is it safe to take amoxicillin(trimox) during pregnancy?

Anonymous 15 Aug 2011

I would ask your doctor (preferrably) or any doctor for that matter. This site gives good advise but dont put an unborn child at risk with "advise". Call an OBGYN, I'm sure they will help you.

Anonymous 15 Aug 2011

Yes Amoxicillian is safe during pregnancy. When your pregnant if you need to take a medication you should decide with your doctor if the benefit of taking the med outweighs the risk. In the case of Amoxicillian (I'm assuming it was doctor prescribed and the doctor is aware of your pregnancy) treating the infection with antibiotics is safer than putting you and your baby at risk of infection. I have 4 children and had to, at one point or another take antibiotics during each of my pregnancies.
Congratulations xin! Good Luck-Mel

Anonymous 15 Aug 2011

great advise Mel, I bet your a wonderfull mother!!!

Anonymous 16 Aug 2011

Thanks Jason. I appreciate the kind words. -Mel :-)

Anonymous 16 Aug 2011

your quite welcome Mel. not often I get to meet someone with your genuine compassion. lucky to have stumbled apon this site, really is amazing. take care of yourself Mel. -Jason-

Anonymous 16 Aug 2011

"Blush" :-)

Anonymous 16 Aug 2011

did i read your "favorite question" corRECTly Mel??? ;)