Is it safe to switch from Elavil to Wellbutrin XL?

Anonymous 6 Jul 2010

I believe that question from my persomal experiences should be answered by a Psyachiatirst-

.
Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is a prescription medication that is used to treat depression.

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion XL) is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of depression (also known as major depression or clinical depression). It is also approved for the prevention of seasonal affective disorder (SAD). It is an extended-release version of Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride).

They both have side effects that you have to weigh with the benefits of the meds.

Best wishe and good luck

marjorie zych 6 Jul 2010

It may be safe but you need to do it under supervision of medical/psychiatric supervision for your protection. Good luck and contact thr pros. marjorie zych

Rean 7 Jul 2010

Thank you. I am going to see my Dr. today, but I am trying to get as much feedback as I can.

marjorie zych 7 Jul 2010

No problem good luck at the doctors hope this finds you feeling better soon