Is it safe to mix opana and naproxen?

Rajive Goel 19 Jul 2011

Checked on the Interactions Checker:

naproxen - Opana (oxymorphone)

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with the doctor/pharmacist.

Take care, be well & safe!

caringsonbj 19 Jul 2011

I take Opana extended release every 8 hours, I was informed by the doctor back when I caught a fall on ice back in the winter that I could use Naproxen I don't use it everyday, sometimes a tablet every other day and sometimes maybe once a week, right now I am wondering if the heat and humidity may be the cause of causing people with neuromuscular problems more pain I don't want to increase the Opana so it seems by just adding a dose or so of the Naproxen is helpful, and as Rajive said there doesn't seem to indicate problems with this combination but I think I'd prefer to take the least amount but I have never noticed any problems (if any problems were there they were not to where I was able to know about it) I wish you the very best and hope that maybe I have helped in some way.