I complained to my primary care physician that, while the Paxil CR (37.5 mg daily) was controlling my hyper-self-critical thoughts and general anxiety well, and that 1 mg of Lorazepam 3 times a day was controlling my panic attacks, over the past year, my depression has become more acute and frequent. She said she doesn't mix meds, so she prescribed Cymbalta instead of Paxil CR. But I wasn't given a lower dosage of Paxil to ween me off of it, lessen any withdrawal, etc. Is this normal? Is this a recommended practice?

Since I made the switch (it's been since Monday), it's unbelievable but I now feel a severe general anxiety that is almost debilitating at times. I don't want to get up at work. I don't want to talk to anyone. I just feel like I'm in a constant state of fear, and my head (probably obviously) feels very weird.

I have no idea whether it's even possible for the above to be the result of withdrawal, or the result of the new med, but it can't be good. I feel like I'm withdrawing from life.

I'm so sorry if this sounds over-dramatic, but this is how I feel right now.

Any advice/suggestions?