Zimax (azithromycin) is an antibiotic agent used to infections caused by bacteria such as respiratory infections, skin infections and ear infections.
It can be used in children from aged 6 months.
Safety and effectiveness in the treatment of children under 6 months of age have not been established.
It would not be used to treat a viral fever... unless there were also bacteria present.
Zimax is used to treat bacterial infections. Zimax will not treat viral infections.
Tips for viral infections in children:
1. A mild fever is a good thing; helps to fight infection
2. If fever control is needed, use Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
3. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is safer than Ibuprofen (Advil)
4. DO NOT USE ASPIRIN
5. Please dose by weight, not by age
6. Don't hesitate to seek medical attention is condition is worsening (fever spikes, diarrhea, vomiting)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 2 Oct 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 25 Dec 2013 • 2 answers
Posted 20 Feb 2016 • 0 answers
Posted 27 Jul 2016 • 0 answers
Posted 18 Aug 2016 • 0 answers