Is it possible to test positive (on a UDS) for propoxephine simply by taking Tylenol PM?

marjorie zych 19 May 2010

That is because the Propoxiphine does have Tylenol in it and it has alot of the same properties as well. They are both similar but yet they are different. It is definately going to show up though because of the similarities. Hope this helps you understand more if not let me know and I will try to explain better.

vkuranda 19 May 2010

I understand that Propoxiphine has Tylenol/ibuprofin in it but how does this pertain to Tylenol having Propoxiphine in it??? PPRX is available only by prescription... Not so for tylenol majority of time... Please post your credentials when answering these posts... especially when you state DEFINATELY... Thank you...

marjorie zych 19 May 2010

I am not trying to say I know it all because I don't. I only talk from experiences and I do look things up before opening my mouth. Tylenol itself doesn't contain the Propoxiphine, but the Propoxiphine does contain Tylenol and the properties in the PM part of the Tylenol are similar to the ones in Propoxiphine according to a PDR book that doctors go by. You may check with a pharmacist as well. Again I am not a professional but have gone through alot in my time, feel free to read my info if you would like. I am not trying to be sarcastic either but I try to help as many people as I can with my experiences. Hope this reassures you a little about me. Feel free to send me a note if you would like I will add you as a friend so you can do it privately if you would like.

grey_cypress 19 May 2010

I wouldnt say its IMPOSSIBLE, but it wouldnt make any sense if it did. diphenhydramine is the 'PM part' of tylenol pm (diphenhydramine is benadryl) while propaxephine is an opioid. HOWEVER, Dextromethorphan (active ingredient in alot of otc cough syrups) could cause you to test positive for it.