Is it possible to stop levothyroxine once u start using it?

Rajive Goel 7 May 2010

In most cases, you will need to take levothyroxine for the rest of your life. Taking levothyroxine over long periods of time may cause bone loss, which can lead to osteoporosis. Talk with your doctor about how this could affect you.

Hope this helps, however please talk to your healthcare provider/doc/pharmacist for more information or Read more: https://www.drugs.com/levothyroxine.html#ixzz0nDksbAe2, best of luck.

heiven7 15 May 2010

Do you mean "Is it possible to stop taking artificial thyroid hormone replacement once u start?"? The answer to that would be that it depends on what you are taking it for. I take it for hypothyroidism resulting from thyroiditis. My thyroid may recover its normal function eventually. However from what I have read, most people who need replacement therapy will take it for the rest of their lives.
As far as changing brands, yes you can change brands but you should always let your Dr. know so he can adjust the dosage if neccessary.