Is it okay to cut Maxifed DM pills in half and take only 1/2 dose?

If they are the sustained release tablets then you shouldn't cut them in half. That would ruin the release mechanism of the tablet.

https://www.drugs.com/cdi/maxifed-dm-controlled-release-and-sustained-release-tablets.html

mimi6906 28 Jan 2011

Thank you.

I think the rule of thumb is if you use a long acting medication (sustained release) it cannot be cut it half or chewed, otherwise if it's short acting then usually it can be halfed, if you aren't sure check with www.drugs.com or check with your pharmacist just be safe, best wishes,

mimi6906 28 Jan 2011

Thank you.