I've given birth to my daughter 12 days ago and am currently breastfeeding. I was taking 100mg of azathioprine during pregnancy and this has now been reduced to 50mg of azathioprine. I'm taking this medication due to auto-immune hepatitis. My pediatrician has recommended that I discontinue breastfeeding due to the risks of the drug. I'm looking for advice to decide whether this is the best cause of action?
- Azathioprine Information for Consumers
- Azathioprine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Azathioprine (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 23 Nov 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 12 Aug 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 26 Oct 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 6 Aug 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 3 Jan 2014 • 1 answer