Is it ok to take my Lexapro at night?

rszulu 23 Feb 2011

Yes.

Anonymous 23 Feb 2011

rszulu, do you take lexapro and do you take it at night or late afternoon?

rszulu 23 Feb 2011

I take it in the morning. Maybe THAT'S why I am tired all day! My brother in-law takes it at night.

LaurieShay 23 Feb 2011

Hey von-1,

Upon reading about the dosing instructions this is what I read:

Dosage and Administration for Lexapro
Lexapro should be administered once daily, in the morning or evening, with or without food.

Hope this helps,

laurie

puckiemull 24 Feb 2011

Hi von-1,
yes its ok to take it morning or night,i myself take it in the am as it helps me through the day but if its making you tired then night time prob suits you better

caringsonbj 24 Feb 2011

Hello Von
I would just discuss this with the doctor just to be sure, my doctor always had me take it in the morning (several years ago) but I could be mistaken but I don't think it matters, if it makes you sleepy then maybe taking it at night would work best for you but just to be sure talk to your physician

yeah.i take my 60mg cymbalta before i go to bed,with my seroquel 200mg. i am sure lexapro is similar to cymbalta.