Is it ok to give a 3 year old baby polarmine to relax and help her sleep an a 4 hour plane trip?

Anonymous 1 Jul 2010

First of all did you ask your Pediatrician if it was ok?

Did he /she prescribe Polaramine for your bady?

Let us get one point straight... at the end of the day he/she is your baby.

I do not judge nor criticize. I am here to help.

From my personal experience ( I am 41) with my ex-wife we travelled from the UK to Hong Kong with our 4 month baby girl and did not give her anything at all, it was a 13 hour flight and the thought of giving her something never entered our mind.

side effects of Polaramine (Dexchlorpheniramine)?

Stop taking dexchlorpheniramine and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).

Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take dexchlorpheniramine and talk to your doctor if you experience

sleepiness, fatigue, or dizziness
headache
dry mouth; or
difficulty urinating or an enlarged prostate

Know personally speaking I would never give my princess (she is 10 years of age now) anything unless her Pediatrician told me too, and still woul seek for a second opinion, if I thought it was inappropriate... but that is me.

Advise: CONTACT A PEDIATRITIAN BEFORE YOU TAKE ANY ACTION ON YOUR OWN... BABIES ARE VERY DELICATE.

I AM NOT A DOCTOR.

Anonymous 2 Jul 2010

Unless prescribed by Doctor, Hell NO
Bucky1

Rajive Goel 2 Jul 2010

Andres, what an answer, keep it up mate!