Is it ok to take metoprolol before an E.C.G exam?

marjorie zych 4 Jun 2010

I would definately ask the one doing the ECG first, every doctor is different in that respect. My husband takes his and his Cardiologist knows it and has never said don't take it. Like I said everyone is different though, it shouldn't give you a problem other that possibly having some stomach upset, but check with the person doing the test and you should be fine. marjorie zych

christineATU 4 Jun 2010

You give so many people good advice Marjorie. It's just so unfortunate that you and your husband have health issues that compel you to become educated on so many conditions and medications. Keep up the excellent work you do.

Rajive Goel 4 Jun 2010

I too take metoprolol x 100mg SR, it reacts differently to different people. Don't think it would make any difference, anyways please check it with your doc before the ECG. Best of luck!

rmtrade 4 Jun 2010

Thanks Rajive

rmtrade 4 Jun 2010

Thanks Rajive