My girlfriend and I have been in a relationship for almost 3 years and now I’m 22 and she is 21; last year we used to use condoms in order to have sex, we are not worried for getting any STD because know each other since a long time ago but we do not want a pregnancy now. In the beginning of this year we quit having sex for 2 months, but we thought in changing our method of avoiding a pregnancy and we decided to go for the pills, so she went to the doctor and the doctor said that she is able to handle the pills and she gave a prescription to use Microgestin Fe 1/20 which has 21 “white” pills and 7 “brown” pills.
She started to take the pills at the same time everyday even when the clock changed the next day she began to take the pills and hour before she used to. We didn’t have any sex for the first month because the pills suppose to work starting in the second month of taking them, in the first month my girlfriend said she didn’t ovulate and didn’t have a vaginal flow either she was pretty dry .
Now she is in her second month of taking the pills, so we decided to have sex last Monday which was her fifteenth day since she had had her last period, I Used condoms with spermicidal lubricant Nonoxynol 9 spermicide, but one of them break. Next day (Tuesday) she began to have a little pain in her belly, vaginal flow she is saying that it is not like the flow produced when ovulating, and is clean doesn’t stink, but beside that she is feeling sore nipples.
We are worried because these symptoms didn’t appear for the first month that she took the pills, and we both think that is possible she might be pregnant or these are just pills’ effects on her body.
I would like to know what your opinion is whether she might be pregnant or not?
Thanks for letting me write to you. I would really appreciate your help!!! We are so desperate looking for answers.