I am 25 years old and my doctor put me on atenolol close 4 months ago for high blood pressure.. --- A little over a year ago i was having RAPID heartbeats and I felt as if my heart was comming up to my throat, I found it hard to breath at times and it was overall very scary. Knowing that my father and brother both has heart problems I went into the doctor and she just said that it was panic attacks and put me on buspirone and then the next to follow was sertraline. Nothing seemed to be helping my "panic attacks" . And just a few months ago I felt the worst I think I ever felt, and I checked my blood pressure and that was when I was diagnosed with high blood pressure... Now I also have a seizure disorder but have thankfully been clear of them for over 6 years.

My question... Is it normal that I am starting to expirance the rapid heartbeats again while on atenolol, cause I was understanding that atenolol helps slow down heartrates...