On April 28th I attempted suicide. If my husband would have come home 3 minutes later, I wouldn't be alive today. This is how I came to be diagnosed with Bi-polar. I took a drug overdose and was discovered by my husband "twitching" and in respiratory arrest. I spent 2 days on life support and a drug induced coma in ICU, and was not expected to live. If, by some miracle, I pulled through, severe brain damage was expected.

Today, I am curious to meet the doctor who saved my life and the events that took place while in a coma. I am asking anyone's advice as to whether or not this meeting might set me back, as I am a very happily married mother of two boys. I have trouble understanding why I would ever make such a decision, but am more & more curious about the events I am unable to recall while in a coma.