Is hydrocodone an opiade?

DzooBaby 31 May 2011

Yes. Hydrocodone is an opiate medication. It is subject to the Controlled Substance Act as a schedule 3 in the US with a moderate dependence liability.

llynn 31 May 2011

Trying to Detox off Methadone and I know methadone is an opiade but wasn't sure about hydrocodone. Thanks!

Anonymous 31 May 2011

Are you on liquid or pills?

Anonymous 31 May 2011

If its liquid, my understand is that the methadone kills the loratabs. Thats why people go to methadone clinics to come off loratabs. i don't think this is the right way to do it abut thats what I understand. I think you should see your doc and explain what you want to do and be honest. The doc should be able to help you come off the right way.

Anonymous 31 May 2011

This is a very easy med to get addicted to, if not careful. You may be one of those people that can control yourself, but i have seen people get addicted to this med before thaey even knew it. In the area I live in its Lortabs and soma.and xanax the young people wre trying to get . At the doc and hospital we call them drug seekers. If you do take them, take just as doc says and not for longer period of time, May I ask if you are taking them why and how old her you. Von -1

DzooBaby 31 May 2011

Yeah Von that is what the big ones are here too. At least that is what my kids tell me. Somas were really big a few years back. Drs around here wont hardly prescribe them. Of course, all the pain killer types are big-hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, etc. Xanax is a sought after drug. My sons bring a lot of kids in the house and on at least 2 occasions several of my pain pills went missing. I used to keep them in my purse, now I keep them in my bedroom hidden. I know it wasnt my children. I can have them out around them and they are never touched. The instances of my missing pills came after one individual kid was over. The first instance I didnt think it could have been this kid but after the second time I'm pretty sure. He has admitted to me he has had problems with them before and I know he has been in treatment before. It is sad how many yound kids are really messing themselves up using and misusing these meds.

Anonymous 31 May 2011

I really enjoyed reading it. You know whats going on too. Meth is bad here too, Im the one to do the tough love with my daughter when she was on it. It was hard but better than her killing herself like my neice. I have to agree with you about the pot, so they can just give it to both of us! Im so hard againest drugs, it has touched my family and tore it apart. Von

llynn 31 May 2011

I've been going to a methadone clinic for the past 2 yrs to get off of oxycontin. The doctor has been detoxing me down for the last few months. I went from 25 mil to 5 mil in about 2 weeks and now I'm done. I think I went down way too fast and I've been done at the clinic for 2 days now and I really feel bad. I know that it's a really bad decision but I feel like I need a few tabs to get me through the next few days. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet!!

geekygranny 31 May 2011

Yup it's an opiate!!! But boy it works. It is usually combined with tylenol (I forgot the generic term) I take Norco only when I need it. It has 10mg of hydrocodone and 350 of tylenol. I try to keep tylenol to a mininmal. Though I could take Norco six times a day, I don't. Because it will lose its effectiveness and create a big problem with constipation. So I take it when I'm really hurting and take lots of water with it to reduce the constipation.