Is Dramamine in any way addictive? Can it be used at times as a sleep aid?

robo 8 Aug 2009

Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) is available over-the-counter and is considered very safe when used as directed.

It is used primarily for motion sickness prevention, although it may cause drowsiness.

Products containing diphenhydramine (Unisom SleepGels, Simply Sleep, Sominex, Nytol) are more commonly used as sleep aids and are also available over-the-counter.

pkperkins 22 Aug 2009

Parents be very aware that this is the new drug for kids today. They are taking anywhere from 3 or more tablets at a time and when they do, they get high and have halucinations.

tdl86 29 Aug 2010

I don't think it's addicting at the regular dose but I was addicted to it for months when I was a teen but I took more than 5 times the recommended dose on a daily basis. If you have an addictive personallity I wouldn't recommened taking this for any reason.