Is cogentin good for panic attacks,or anxeitiy?

Inactive 30 Jan 2011

Cogentin is used for:

Treating Parkinson disease in combination with other medicines. It is also used to control tremors and stiffness of the muscles due to certain antipsychotic medicines (eg, phenothiazines).

Read more:

https://www.drugs.com/cdi/cogentin.html

Good medications for panic attacks and anxiety are benzodiazepines, I suffer from both anxiety and panic attacks and take benzos, you must discuss this with your Dr.
You must be careful as they are very addicting , but they do work.

Ask about:

Brand name Generics
Xanax (alprazolam)
Valium (diazepam)
Ativan (lorazepam)

Take care.

caringsonbj 30 Jan 2011

I did not find anywhere about this being specifically used for helping with panic attacks, what it is used for is drug-induced extrapyramidal disorders, Acute dystonic reaction and parkinsonism please read the link below please take good care, best wishes,

Jack84 28 Jun 2018

I’ve been taking cogentin for years and I used to have Severe anxiety and yes it works for me and my anxieties but I wouldn’t use it for panic attack’s because I’ve also got Alprazolam and that works good with Anxiety like panic attack’s but yeah it’s good for me