Is Abilify ever used to treat anxiety or panic disorders? Can it be used in the absence of Paxil?

Psyched 12 Jun 2010

J_ill,
Abilify is used mainly for bipolar mania, schizophrenia, and major depressive disorders. I would never suggest/recommend taking any medication as a replacement for another medication unless the doctor has prescribed it. If you don't think the Paxil is working for you, you can always tell your doctor and see if he/she would be willing to try you on something else. Hope this helps.

Inactive 12 Jun 2010

Hi,Psyched is right in their comment, and
my research showed;
Abilify is used for,Treating agitation caused by schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. It may also be used for other conditions
as determined by your doctor

Inactive 14 Jun 2010

Paxil:
Apond mor research I found that Paxil can be used to treat generalized anxiety disorder or social anxiety disorder. It may also be used for other conditions as determined...

J_ill 14 Jun 2010

Thank you,I have never taken either drug, I have a family member who is fairly young who has just begun taking Paxil and had to stop pretty abrubtly. I was concerned about the emotional backlash from the sudden withdrawl and didnt know if the Abilify would take the edge off the depression. My cousin started taking paxil for his panic disorder a week ago.