Is 7.5 units of Epogen an average dose once a week?
There are two different Epogen dosing options when treating anemia due to chemotherapy:
* Once-a-week dosing -- Epogen 40,000 units per week
* Three-times-a-week dosing -- Epogen 150 units per kg (about 68 units per pound) three times a week.
When treating anemia due to chemotherapy, the injections under the skin, rather than the IV, are recommended. The doc would check your progress frequently, using a blood test that measures the amount of hemoglobin in your blood (hemoglobin is a good way to measure anemia) and will adjust your dose in order to gradually increase your hemoglobin up to a level needed to avoid red blood cell transfusion.
However, please do also consult the doc for more info, take care, best wishes!
- Epogen Information for Consumers
- Epogen Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Epogen (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 2 Sep 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 15 Mar 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 8 Mar 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 24 May 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 6 Jul 2017 • 2 answers