What interval should there be when stopping Brintellix and starting Cymbalta?

balbanese 26 Mar 2015

2-3 weeks

kaismama 26 Mar 2015

Did the dr tell you to take an interval between them. I would not take one because so as it is you're going to have a month until the cymbalta is working. Ask your pharmacist the best way to switch over. I just switched between 2 antidepressants and as I weaned off of one, I gradually increased the other. Thereby avoiding a time I wasn't covered by antidepressants.

LaurieShay 26 Mar 2015

Really is up to your doctor as he/she knows what dosages of each has been prescribed. Weaning off one while slowly starting the other is usually how it is done. During the transition don't be alarmed if you have some side effects such as headache, nausea, and diarrhea. This will subside in time. If you become too uncomfortable, don't hesitate to let the doctor know